be good to 对.友好 add up 合计 another time 改时间
get sth done 使被做 calm down 镇定下来 have got to 不得不
walk the dog 遛狗 make a list of 列出 hide away 躲藏;隐藏
be concerned about 关心;挂念 share sth with sb 和某人共享某物
go through 经历;仔细检查 set down 放下;记下 a series of 一系列;一套
be crazy about 对着迷 on purpose 故意 in order to/ so as to 为了
face to face 面对面地 get along with 与相处 pack up 拾掇，打理行装
according to 根据;依据所说 have trouble with sb/sth 同某人闹建议;做有困难
communicate with sb 和交际 throw away the friendship 放弃/终止友谊
try out 试验;试用 join in 参加 far and wide 到处
look to sth 注意，留心某事 fall in love 相爱 ignorant of 无知
cheat sb of sth 骗取某人某物 have the/a habit of doing sth 有做的习性
1.I wonder if 我想知道是不是.
2. Its because 这是由于. 此从句中because不可以用since或as 代替
3. What do you think a good friend should be like? 你认为一个好朋友应该是哪种呢?
4. While walking the dog, you were careless and it got loose and was hit by a car.
=While you were walking the dog, 在遛狗时，你不小心让狗挣脱了绳子，结果狗被车撞了。
5. Do you want a friend whom you could tell everything to, like your deepest feelings and thoughts? 你想有一位无话不谈、能推心置腹的朋友吗?
6. I havent been able to be outdoors for so long that Ive grown so crazy about everything to do with nature. 我已经很久不可以去户外，所以我变得对自然界的所有东西都很感兴趣。
7. I can well remember that there was a time when a deep blue sky, the song of birds, moonlight and flowers could never have kept me spellbound. 我记得非常了解，曾有一段时间，湛蓝的天空、鸟儿的歌唱、月光和鲜花，从未使我心醉神迷过。
8. It was the first time in a year and a half that Id seen the night face to face.
9. I would be grateful if you could give me some advice. 如果您给我提些提议，我会非常感谢的。
10. Its a good habit for you to keep a diary. 记日记对你来说是个好习性。
11. She found it difficult to settle and
12. This series of readers is very interesting.
13. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
14. People are told that their actions should be as gentle as the wind that blows from the sea.
inways 在方面 such as 例如 believe it or not 信不信由你
come up with 提出 come up to a place 参观某地 ever before 从前
even if/ though 即便 at the end of 在末期 be based on 在...基础上
close to 距离近 changeinto 把变成 in the early days 在早期
takewith随身携带 the sameas 与相同的 at present 现在
be absent from 缺席 be present at 在席;出席 carry out a rule 实行规则
be a native of 是人 at sbs request 应某人的需要 have a command of学会
make a request 请求 request that +v原形 in one direction 朝一个方向
give commands 命令 be different from 与不一样 i n the 1600s = in the 1600s
as a rule 一般;照例 be native to 是的土产动物/植物 as we know 正如大家所知
an international language 一门国际语言 an international organization 一个国际组织
play a role/ part 在中担任角色;在中起功效;扮演一个角色;参与
play an important role/ part 在中起要紧功效 because of 由于;由于
come up 走进;上来;发生;被讨论
make use of 借助
from one place to another 从一处到另一处 present sth to sb / present sb with sth
1. However, they may not be able to understand everything.
2. This is because Britain ruled India from 1765 to 1947.
3. All languages change when cultures communicate with one another.
4. What the British call petrol the Americans call gas.
5. Actually, it was based more on German than present day English.
6. those who reported the news were expected to speak excellent English.
7. The US is a large country in which many different dialects are spoken.
8. there is more than one kind of English in the world.
9. It is not easy for a Chinese person to speak English as well as a native English speaker.